Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Friday, 31 October 2014

Funny Old Time of Year

Well, it's official, summer is over, the nights are drawing in and there's a definite chill to the air - though not as cold as it could be this time of year. Ah, where would be if we couldn't talk about the weather. Weather happens whether we are ready for it or not. And so does writing.

Who hasn't woken up at three in the morning with a story idea bursting out, demanding to be written down? (don't fight it, by the way, write it down. Don't snuggle back down under your duvet because it WILL be forgotten by the morning - so speaks the voice of experience!)

While the daylight hours are shorter and the weather, perhaps, not so good, it's the ideal opportunity for a writer to batten down the hatches and get writing! Don't waste this golden opportunity that is often lost in the days of sunshine, sand and ice cream ... seems like a very distant memory, that time, now, doesn't it?

Happy writing

Julie xx

4 comments:

Frances Garrood said...

But Julie, today is supposed to be the warmest Halloween since.....well, since something or other. I think I shall go out and eat ice cream.

Julie P said...

Ah but it's raining now, here, Frances - so I'm battening down the hatches. Weather's about to change this week! As long as it's not six ft of snow, I don't mind, LOL!

Wendy's Writing said...

If I don't write down an idea immediately, it's gone forever... I've learnt that the hard way.

Julie P said...

I hate it when that happens, Wendy!