Julie's Quest

Hello, and welcome to my blog. My blog is about the trials and tribulations of writing, where we celebrate successes and commiserate our near misses. We tell it like it is here and will do our very best to help you on the road to being published and pick you up after the rejections (they will come!) Whether you are a professional or amateur writer you will find something useful here.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts and will visit again soon.

Happy Writing

Julie Phillips - freelance writer - member of the Association of Freelance Writers - member of the Society of Authors

Thursday, 1 September 2016

Pat on the back

Congratulations! Yes, this week I am starting off by patting you on the back. What's going on? You might be thinking. What have I done to deserve this praise? You might even be looking over your shoulder thinking I must be addressing someone else. I'm not. I'm definitely talking to you.

There are lots of people who say or think they are writers. They say they'd write if only they had the time. The trouble is that they don't actually do anything to achieve their writing dreams. And they are dreams - they aren't goals - goals demand action.

But you're reading this blog post. You've made an effort to click onto the blog. You've probably also written something yourself recently - even if it is a plan of action. It's a start. You're already way ahead of everyone who hasn't even picked up a pen or opened up their laptop.

For that - well done. Carry on!

8 comments:

blogaboutwriting said...

Thank you, Julie, that's made me feel really nice! x

Martin Hodges said...

I always admire your enthusiasm and encouraging words, Julie.

Wendy's Writing said...

I'm giving myself a pat on the back, Julie!

Julie P said...

Glad to have helped!

Julie P said...

Thank you, Martin. I know how I feel when the rejections come in and the writing isn't going well so I do try to keep positive and move forward.

Julie P said...

Good. That's the spirit, Wendy!

Julie P said...

Good. That's the spirit, Wendy!

Julie P said...

Thank you, Martin. I know how I feel when the rejections come in and the writing isn't going well so I do try to keep positive and move forward.